This thick smoothie is a sweet and nutritious treat that you can enjoy for breakfast or at any time of day!
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 banana, cut into thirds
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp honey (brown sugar could also work!)
- Optional: 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
If you’ve got a bunch of regular soda crackers on the verge of going stale, why not make this healthy, tasty dessert? (Here we suggest using cranberries in sauce, but you could use a (348mL) can of drained fruit cocktail, or 3 small apples, diced with skins on.)
- 1 (796mL) can pears, drained and chopped into pieces (NOTE: reserve 1/3 cup of the syrup!)
- 1 (348mL) can cranberries in sauce
- 1 sleeve soda crackers
- 1/2 cup melted margarine or butter, OR 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon (OR 1 tsp cinnamon sugar)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 8×8 inch baking dish/pan (or ~9-inch diameter round baking pan)
- Preheat oven to 370F.
- Prepare crumble: crunch soda crackers into a mixing bowl. Do not make fine crumbs, but leave small chunks. Add brown sugar and cinnamon. Add melted butter/margarine/oil and stir well (should look like moist coarse sand).
- In an 8×8-inch baking pan (or ~9-inch diameter round baking pan), combine pears and cranberries. Add 1 tbsp sugar and 1/3 cup pear syrup. Sprinkle the crumble mixture on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes in oven, or until juices bubble up and crust is golden brown.