This recipe transforms a regular 2-serving can of Campbell’s Chunky Beef soup into a big, satisfying meal for a whole family! It also adds extra protein, vitamin A, fibre, and other essential nutrients. You can serve this stew with a slice of bread or a bun, or over rice or pasta.
- 1 can Campbell’s Chunky Beef Soup
- 1/2 can lentils OR chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 2 white turnips, peeled and sliced, OR 1/4 rutabaga, peeled and sliced
- Optional: 1 celery stick, chopped
- Fresh parsley, chopped OR 2 tbsp dried parsley
- Large saucepan
- In a saucepan, boil the water. Add the carrots and turnips, cooking for 4 minutes (or until soft; be careful not to overcook, otherwise veggies will be mushy!)
- Turn heat down to medium. Add the can of soup and the lentils/chickpeas. Add the parsley and celery (if using).
- Stir the mixture thoroughly. Heat through until it begins bubbling, then serve.