You don’t need a lot of ingredients to make a satisfying macaroni and cheese, and this doesn’t require a box of Kraft Dinner!
– 4 cups elbow macaroni pasta
– 4 tbsp Flour
– Optional: Crushed corn flakes
– Optional: Grated parmesan cheese topping
Fresh or frozen:
– 1 1/2 cups milk
– 1 1/2 cup grated cheese
– 4 tbsp butter or margarine
– Optional: Italian seasoning
– Casserole dish/baking dish
– Large pot
1) Boil the pasta until it is just tender (al dente). Drain well.
2) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
3) In the large pot over medium heat, melt some butter/margarine until completely liquid, then add an equal amount of flour (usually about 4 tbsp of each). Stir well with a fork or wooden spoon until smooth and lump-free. Continue to let the mixture heat for a minute to cook away the “raw” taste of the flour.
4) Add milk and seasonings, stirring constantly until sauce thickens.
5) Add seasonings and half of the grated cheese.
6) Stir in the drained pasta.
7) Spoon all of the pasta into the casserole dish/baking dish.
8) Top with the other half of the grated cheese and grated parmesan and crushed cornflakes, if desired.
9) Bake for ~15-20 minutes, or until top is golden brown and bubbly.
10) Let cool for ~5 minutes before serving.