This gorgeous salad might look too good to eat, but we assure you that it is FABULOUS to eat. You can serve on its own or on top of mixed greens (e.g. spinach, arugula, etc.).
- 1 (16oz) can of whole beets (or equivalent quantity of beets from a jar), well drained and each cut in half
- 1 (15oz) can of white kidney beans (cannellini)
- 1/2 cup reduced fat crumbled blue cheese, or other hard, pungent cheese
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts (including walnuts, pecans, almonds, etc.)
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Small bowl for dressing (tip: you could also use a small jar with a well-fitting lid, so you can shake your way to a perfect dressing!)
- Medium bowl for salad
- Prepare dressing: in small bowl (or jar), combine cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, and sugar. Gradually add olive oil until well-blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare salad: in large bowl, combine beets and white kidney beans; toss with dressing.
- To serve: serve in bowl and top with crumbled cheese and nuts.